Our details are as follows:
Data controller: Elaine Spence
Address: Star Dancewear & Crafts, 12 Merryland, St Ives, Cambridgeshire PE27 5ED.
Telephone: 01480 716014
This Policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
Please take the time to read this Policy, which contains important information about the way in which we process personal data.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process information about you through various means, including the following.
• by our POS in our high street shop
via our website
• by email or other electronic correspondence
• by telephone
• networking e.g. at exhibitions, dance shows, markets, local events, events hosted by us
• otherwise through providing our services or operating our business.
Personal Date may include
• your name and title
• contact information, including telephone number, postal address and email address
• information relating to your location, preferences, clothes/shoe size and interests
• the content of any enquiry submitted over our website
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
• Location, device and demographic information (Google Analytics provides age range and gender information. Find out more about how Google collects demographic data).
We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
The personal data described above may relate to any of the following categories of person:
• our customers
• those who submit enquiries through our website or whose details are otherwise entered into our POS system
• any other visitor to our shop such as supplier representatives.
The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you do not have to accept them. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we may use your personal information
• to respond to any query that you may submit to us.
• to manage our relationship with you, including by maintaining our database of clients
• to send you any relevant information on our services and events that may be of interest to you using the email and/or postal address which you have provided, but only if you have given us your consent to do so or we are otherwise able to do so in accordance with applicable European Data Protection Legislation
• to ensure that our website’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
• to customise our website according to your interests
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses
• to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website when you choose to do so
• as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
• as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
Sharing your information
In the event that we sell our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business or assets.
If our website were to be sold the personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Third parties also include our bank, regulators, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, any third party you ask us to share your data with.
Storage and retention of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on our website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you.
Any contact details stored as a result of you signing up to our website Newsletter or you giving us your information for our POS system in our shop will be held until you tell us to delete it.
The third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you.
We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Withdrawal of consent
Where we process your personal data we do so on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out in this Policy when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us using the email address email@example.com or unsubscribing on our emails to you.
Your information rights
European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
You can access the personal information we hold on you by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the additional rights to request change and/or erasure of your personal data and to request restriction of, and to otherwise object to, our processing of your personal data and you can exercise these rights at any time by using the email above.
We keep and process employment and job application details, e.g. date of birth, employment history, qualifications.
In order to pay wages we ask for the following information, your signature, National Insurance number, and bank account details.
We keep information about our prospective employees, work experience students or other job applicants.
We will keep safe emergency contacts whose details have been provided to us by our employees.
Last updated 22.5.18